Faced with an increasingly complicated network environment, made only more complex by the addition of virtualization, cloud services and bring your own devices (BYOD), many of your customers are also struggling to keep track of their software assets, contracts, and entitlements. In some cases, end users may have excess licenses, or on the flip side, an insufficient number of licenses that shuts out users from applications when they need them. And this can be a very costly issue.
Consider these facts:
- The research and analyst firm, Gartner, reveals that “organizations can realize savings as high as 25 percent by driving out the hidden efficiencies from over-licensing applications or harboring unused software.”
- A recent report, from the market intelligence firm IDC, claimed “that some businesses are paying millions of dollars in fees and penalties to application producers.”
As an ISV, you can help your customers track their license usage and gain a better understanding of license allocation requirements. And, it will even help smooth your contract negotiations in the future.
To simplify license tracking, we’ve built-in a new licensing tracking graphical user interface into our CodeMeter software copy protection and licensing tool. The CodeMeter WebAdmin licensing display shows all allocated licenses and users as well as rejected requests. End users can simply refresh their browser to get an instant update of license usage. Your customers will see the benefits immediately:
- Reduced application costs
- Optimal license allocation
- Improved license security
One of our representatives would be happy to demonstrate this powerful, yet easy-to-use license tracking feature. Just contact me at email@example.com and I’d be happy to arrange a Web demo.
In the meantime, feel free to download the Frost and Sullivan whitepaper, “Best Practices in Software Monetization: A Customer-Centric View of Secure License Management”, or request a fully Functional CodeMeter Evaluation system.